Tuesday 10 May 2016

You'll Never Be Sixteen Again - 3. I'm Into Something Good

BBC Radio 6 Music broadcast: 8th April 2016

Another chance to hear the acclaimed series (first broadcast in 1985) telling the story of the British teenager through music, archive and reminiscence. Introduced by John Peel, episode 3, I'm Into Something Good, deals with the era of Merseybeat, Mods and Rockers and Swinging London.

Roy Orbison - You'll Never Be Sixteen Again [London]
Bern Elliott & The Fenmen - I'm Talking About You
Faron's Flamingos - Do You Love Me [Edsel]
The Big Three - What'd I Say [Deram]
The Beatles - Roll Over Beethoven [Parlophone]
The Beatles - She Loves You [Apple]
Booker T. Jones - Green Onions
Bo Diddley - Road Runner [Geffen]
Jimmy Reed - Ain't That Loving You Baby [Shout! Factory]
Manfred Mann - 5 4 3 2 1 [EMI]
Marvin Gaye - Can I Get A Witness [Connoisseur Collection]
Dusty Springfield - Everyday I Have To Cry Some [Island Def Jam]
The Rolling Stones - Around And Around [Decca]
The Beatles - I Wanna Hold Your Hand [Parlophone]
The Fortunes - Caroline [Decca]
Chris Farlowe - Buzz With The Fuzz [RPM]
The Who - Anyway Anyhow Anywhere [MCA]
Small Faces - What'cha Gonna Do About It [Immediate]
The Who - My Generation [Universal Polydor]
The Beatles - I Feel Fine [Parlophone]
The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud [London]
Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy [EMI]
The Who - Substitute [Universal/Polydor]

No comments:

Post a Comment