Monday 31 July 2023

BBC Concert Orchestra, Conductor Edwin Outwater - Prom 2: Northern Soul


BBC CONCERT ORCHESTRA, CONDUCTOR EDWIN OUTWATER - PROM 2: NORTHERN SOUL (320kbs-m4a/292mb/2hrs8mins)
BBC Radio 3 broadcast: 15th July 2023

Stuart Maconie is on stage at the Royal Albert Hall in a celebration of British club culture, bringing a symphonic edge to the beats that took English towns across the industrial North and Midlands by storm in the 1960s and 1970s. Music arranged by Joe Duddell and Fiona Brice.

Live from the Royal Albert Hall.

Presented by Georgia Mann.

The MPVs - Turnin' My Heartbeat Up
Dobie Gray - Out On The Floor
Shane Martin - I Need You
Bobby Paris - Night Owl
Rita & the Tiaras - Gone With The Wind Is My Love
Eddie Holman - I Surrender
Tony Clarke - Landslide
The Trammps - Hold Back The Night
Ray Pollard - The Drifter
The Just Brothers - Sliced Tomatoes
Dana Valery - You Don't Know Where Your Interest Lies
Jimmy Beaumont - I Never Loved Her Anyway
Gladys Knight - No One Could Love You More
Barbara McNair - You're Gonna Love My Baby
Sandi Sheldon - You're Gonna Make Me Love You

During the interval, Stuart Maconie and Joe Duddell talk to Georgia Mann about the music in tonight's concert and about the heady days of the 60s and 70s.

Luther Ingram - Exus Trek
Frankie Beverly & The Butlers - If That's What You Wanted
Lee David - Temptation Is Calling My Name
Judy Street - What
The Velvets - I Got To Find Me Somebody
Little Anthony & The Imps - Better Use Your Head
Yvonne Baker - You Didn't Say A Word
The Carstairs - It Really Hurts Me Girl
Edwin Star - Time
Frankie Valli - The Night
R. Dean Taylor - There's A Ghost In My House
Dean Parrish - I'm On My Way
Jimmy Radcliffe - Long After Tonight Is All Over
Tobi Legend - Time Will Pass You By
Gloria Jones - Tainted Love
Frank Wilson - Do I Love You?

Singers:
Vula Malinga
Frida Touray
Natalie Palmer
Brendan Reilly
Nick Shirm
Darrell Smith

BBC Concert Orchestra
Edwin Outwater, conductor

Brendan Reilly - Turnin' My Heartbeat Up
Brendan Reilly - Out On The Floor
Nick Shirm - I Need You
Nick Shirm - Night Owl
Frida Mariama Touray - Gone With The Wind Is My Love
Vula Malinga - I Surrender
Brendan Reilly - Landslide
Brendan Reilly - Hold Back The Night
Darrell Smith - The Drifter
BBC Concert Orchestra - Sliced Tomatoes
Natalie Palmer - You Don't Know Where Your Interest Lies
Nick Shirm - I Never Loved Her Anyway
Vula Malinga - No One Could Love You More
Frida Mariama Touray - You're Gonna Love My Baby
Frida Mariama Touray - You're Gonna Make Me Love You
BBC Concert Orchestra - Exus Trek
Darrell Smith - If That's What You Wanted
Darrell Smith - Temptation Is Calling My Name
Natalie Palmer - What
Natalie Palmer - I Got To Find Me Somebody
Frida Mariama Touray - Better Use Your Head
Vula Malinga - You Didn't Say A Word
Brendan Reilly - It Really Hurts Me Girl
Brendan Reilly - Time
Darrell Smith - The Night
Darrell Smith - There's A Ghost In My House
Nick Shirm - I'm On My Way
Nick Shirm - Long After Tonight Is All Over
Vula Malinga - Time Will Pass You By
Vula Malinga - Tainted Love
Vula Malinga, Frida Touray, Natalie Palmer, Brendan Reilly, Nick Shirm & Darrell Smith - Do I Love You?

No comments:

Post a Comment