Thursday 10 March 2022

The First Time With... Series 25 - 4. Kevin Shields


THE FIRST TIME WITH... SERIES 25 - 4. KEVIN SHIELDS (320kbs-m4a/130mb/57mins)

BBC Radio 6 Music broadcast: 23rd January 2022

The My Bloody Valentine frontman shares the pivotal moments and songs that have shaped his life and career, telling the story of the era-defining LP Loveless (1991) along the way. Kevin talks about making that record under the chaotic and hedonistic umbrella of Creation Records, how postpunk and hip hop both helped to shape their sound, and what it is about Primal Scream that's fostered such a long-lasting friendship and collaboration.

My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow
The Dubliners - The Fields Of Athenry
The Monkees - Porpoise Song (Theme From "Head")
The Beatles - Help!
Ramones - Judy Is A Punk
Ramones - Baby, I Love You
The Birthday Party - Mr. Clarinet
My Bloody Valentine - She Loves You No Less
My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me Realise
Public Enemy - Bring The Noise
My Bloody Valentine - When You Sleep
My Bloody Valentine - What You Want
Dinosaur Jr. - Little Furry Things
Primal Scream - Higher Than The Sun
My Bloody Valentine - If I Am
Patti Smith - Banga

No comments:

Post a Comment